Figures and indicators
The UNS is one of the 20 French universities ranked (300-400) in the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities.
The UNS is the 6th French University ranked in the CWTS Leiden ranking (135th University worldwide).
The UNS has over 5,000 foreign students (19% of registered students) of 131 different nationalities.
European and international cooperation programs
The UNS participates in a significant number of academic cooperation programs in training matters, financed by the European Union or within the framework of Campus France.
ERASMUS MUNDUS mobility programs outside Europe
- EMMA (coordinator): Asia
- Basileus (partner): Balkans
- Averroes (partner): North Africa
- Alyssa (partner): Tunisia
Joint ERASMUS MUNDUS mobility programs in Europe
- "IRAP" (coordinator): Joint doctorate in Astrophysics
- "EuroAquae" (coordinator): Joint masters in hydroinformatics and water management
- "Mathmods" (partner): Joint masters in mathematical modelling for engineering
- Joint masters in the Performing arts (partner)
- “ISIS” Euro-Mediterranean masters in Neurosciences and Biotechnologies (partner)
- “Compere”: Engineering of European projects (partner)
- “Quamel”: Information technology and innovation in education (partner)
- “EMPODaT” (partner). Euro-Med Postgraduate program for specialists in Organ Donation and Transplantation
Programs within the framework of Campus France
- Science without borders (Brazil)
- “Program Malaysia”
- Program "BECA 18" (Peru)
International partnerships and agreements
The UNS has concluded over 480 ERASMUS agreements with over 290 signatory partners to the Erasmus Charter. Pursuant to these agreements, each year the UNS welcomes around 350 foreign students and around 260 students from the UNS attend a partner University under mobility schemes.
Bilateral cooperation agreements:
The UNS has concluded over 180 framework agreements with universities around the world.
To implement them, the UNS has also concluded 28 dual-degree agreements (11 "traditional” dual-degrees and 17 “remote” dual-degrees” and 22 degree outsourcing agreements.
Each year, the UNS concludes around 120 thesis co-supervision agreements.
Consortia and networks
- Campus France
- Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie
- Consortium Tethys des universités méditerranéennes
- The EMUNI Network
- The "USTH" Consortium supporting the Hanoi University of Science and Technology
- Consortium supporting the University of Galatasaray
- The Université Franco-Allemande
- The Université Franco-Italienne
- The Centre Franco-Sibérien de formation et de recherche
- The Campus Europae Network